Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 2 Muddiest Point

I am wondering if there is some sort of a distinct difference between flash memory, and solid-state memory. Is flash memory a kind of solid-state memory? All the references I can find to flash refer to it as non-volatile, and there seems to some kind of distinction between flash memory and other kinds of solid-state memory, but I can find no direct reference to a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Flash memory is a type of solid-state memory, as I understand it. Flash memory is a form of memory that has size limitation. The main use of flash memory, as seen with USB flash drives, is limited to 16 GB. This means that flash memory cannot do everything that other forms of solid state drives. For example, the size of flash memory does not make it practical to run a computer or laptop beyond a net book.

    ReplyDelete